Trade & Press Hub
Weddings & Events
British Virgin Islands
Why work for Virgin Limited Edition?
Our people work hard but never forget to have fun while they are doing it! We believe in treating our people with respect, looking after them and allowing them the freedom to be themselves and flourish.
You’re in luck! We’re currently recruiting for a number of positions.
Remember to read the job description carefully before sending your CV to email@example.com unless otherwise specified.
Virgin Limited Edition - Operations Support Executive (6-12 months Fixed Term Maternity Cover)
The position is based in Hammersmith where the central Operations, Sales & Marketing, People and Accounts Teams are located. In the Hammersmith office, we effectively act as the central support teams for our collection of luxury properties / hotels which are all around the world. Due to the diversity of the properties it is necessary for this role to be both flexible and supportive; these are not city centre hotels and an understanding of different operational circumstances is required.
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Here’s what you’d do:
The role would report into the Group Operations Director and would support the operations function. The remit would include all aspects of the guest experience and property management but it is envisaged that the focus would be on analysis and project management. Project examples may be solving a P&L issue, analysis of consumptions/ costs procurement challenges, reviewing menus and wine lists to ensure balance and quality, identifying any areas that may need attention, Health & Safety support including carrying out and review internal H&S audit and compliance and managing critical path information for specific activities and actions.
It is likely that the successful applicant will have a particularly strong background in Food & Beverage operations. The individual would also need to have strong coaching skills and be highly supportive in style as they cannot achieve without the ability to motivate and influence the teams they become involved with. In the end we view the central team as providing a service for the properties. The role is a bit of a troubleshooting one and should be solutions led, offering alternatives and support the property team to implement. Potential overseas travel to our properties may be required to support the operations onsite with any tasks required (ie supporting a large event, undertaking specific projects, etc) .
*8Package & Benefits**
If this role sounds like it could be your next challenge, please email Jade.Jarvis@hotels.virgin.co.uk . Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we will only be in touch if you are successful.
Virgin Limited Edition - IT Operations Manager
The position is based in Hammersmith where the Virgin Limited Edition Head Office is located. The business comprises of Roof Gardens/Babylon Restaurant in High Street Kensington, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa, Mont Rochelle Hotel & Vineyard in South Africa, Mahali Mzuri a luxury tented camp in the Maasai Mara, Kenya, Son Bunyola Estate in Majorca, Necker and Moskito Islands in the Caribbean, Necker Belle a luxury catamaran, Kasbah Tamadot in Marrakech and The Lodge (a Ski Lodge) in Verbier, Switzerland.
The role supports the IT Director in the management & delivery of the IT service across the VLE Group. A key aspect of the role is around the management of our numerous 3rd party technology service providers. One of the main objectives is to ensure processes, procedures and standards are aligned and maintained across these external service providers.
Another very important part of the role is to ensure that our end users are aware of, and utilising the agreed procedures for raising tickets and requests, and understand the various service level agreements we have in place and how to go about checking the progress of their tickets and raising escalations where necessary.
This is a hands on role that will from time to time involve the direct support of end users. It will also entail scoping and delivering a number of projects related to service and technology alignment and improvement,
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Qualifications & Experience
• One or more professional qualification in the area of IT Service Management such as ITIL or SDI
• Experience in managing 3rd party service providers
• Experience in supporting users at all levels, both face to face and remotely
• Project work, including delivering infrastructure requirements to support a diverse range of global IT systems & applications
• Experience of running a tendering/RFP process would be beneficial
• Travel & leisure industry experience would be beneficial
Behaviours & Skills
• Empathise with your customers/end users
• Ability to bridge the gap between technology and the business
• Good time management skills
• Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Commercially astute
• Approachable attitude – happy to provide a “service”
• Assertive and confident in dealing with people & suppliers
• Flexible approach and happy to get involved in ad hoc activities outside their remit
Supporting and assisting the IT Director, specifically 3rd party service provider management
• Review incidents and service requests raised on our 3rd party service providers by staff from across the Group and ensure they are being appropriately prioritised and handled
• Ensure IT procedures (e.g. joiner/mover/leaver) are harmonised, documented, published, understood and followed by internal staff and our IT service providers
• Hold regular service review meetings with our service providers and ensure they are meeting their contractual commitments and SLA’s
• Provide regular IT service reporting to internal stakeholders (Exec and Property Management teams)
• Assist with supplier selection and on boarding
End user support
• Engage with users & stakeholders from across the business to ensure their IT needs are understood and being met
• Review, streamline and harmonise all IT procedures around staff on boarding, staff moving riles/properties and staff leaving
• Continually review IT tools and technologies (hardware, software, applications) to ensure they are fit for purpose
• Assist with end user support issues, taking a balanced approach between getting directly involved or escalating to 3rd party support
• Scope, plan and manage small IT projects ensuring business buy in and commitment
• Scope, commission and oversee projects from 3rd party service providers
• Be the IT representative/lead on others projects from across the Group
• Track project spend against budget and report project progress to the Management & Executive Teams
• Ensure Conference/Meeting Room IT/AV is functional, tidy and documented
• Assist the IT Director and other members of the IT Team with ensuring that Guest facing IT & AV services are of the highest standard
• Be an escalation point for IT issues and incidents
• Assist the IT Director with the preparation of business cases, budgets and forecasts for IT spend across the Group
• Deputise for the IT Director as required
• From the first day of your employment with us you will be eligible to join our group personal pension scheme. We will match your pension contributions up to 5%
• The official office hours are 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday however you would be required to work as and when necessary to fulfil your role. No overtime is payable
• 4 weeks annual holidays + Bank Holidays
• One of the nicest teams you could ever wish to join!
Virgin Limited Edition - Management Accountant
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings; each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service.
This role reports into the Finance Manager; supporting them and the wider finance team in providing high quality management accounts and support to the business as a whole. This role is based in Hammersmith, London where our central teams are located.
As the Operating Company of Virgin Limited Edition, VLE manages, directs and supports all of the operating activities at each of the group properties. Some of the individual property units have their own dedicated finance teams while others are more fully supported by the Virgin Limited Edition team in London.
The responsibilities of the Finance team of Virgin Limited Edition include the following:
Behaviours and Skills
Here’s what you’d do:
Package & Benefits
OPPORTUNITIES AT THE ROOF GARDENS
The Roof Gardens in Kensington has long been one of London’s most spectacular and extraordinary landmarks. Originally designed as an escape from London rather than a pedestal above it, The Roof Gardens comprises of three themed gardens spanning across 1.5 acres, a private members Club and Babylon Restaurant all 100ft above Kensington.
We pride ourselves on not only our unique and stunning venue with excellent food and beverages, but on our professional, friendly and efficient staff, who all contribute to making The Roof Gardens a venue to be proud of.
We currently have a range of casual opportunities available:
Bartenders and waiters to work across our events
Waiting Staff at Babylon Restaurant
To find out more about the positions available at The Roof Gardens please click here
How It Works
Our properties are located all over the globe and our recruiting policy is to recruit as locally as possible and give back to our communities by offering training and employment. Additionally, most countries we operate in have work permit restrictions which mean that permits can only be obtained when there is no suitable local candidate for the role.
Once you've sent your covering letter and CV successfully, you'll receive an email confirmation. Whilst for some of you the journey will stop here, if you’ve caught our attention our team will contact you regarding the next steps.
Send Us Your CV